Crawford County Secondary Road Maintenance Shop, 1123 5th Ave. South, Denison, 9-11 a.m.
Accepted items include:
- Stains, varnishes, and paint removers;
- Rechargeable, lithium, and hearing aid batteries;
- Lawn and garden chemicals, pool chemicals, and household cleaners;
- Oil based paint, compact fluorescent bulbs, and fluorescent tubes;
- Needles and syringes (put in rigid laundry detergent containers with lids tightly secured with tape);
- Used motor oil, gasoline, and antifreeze along with other hazardous wastes.
Items not accepted:
- Latex paint, ammunition, explosives, asbestos, radioactive materials, and non-hazardous waste.
For questions call the Crawford County Solid Waste Transfer Station, 712-263-8454.